Prevedere is looking for a high energy and technically capable Senior SAS Developer to transform advanced analytic processes and algorithms into our our big data, machine learning, and predictive analytics platform.
Prevedere is an industry insights and predictive analytics company helping business leaders make better decisions by providing a real-time view of their company’s future.
While most companies can easily report on internal performance, Prevedere’s external real-time insights engine constantly monitors the world’s activity, identifying future threats or opportunities to business performance. Along with a team of industry experts, data scientist, and economists, Prevedere helps business leaders make the right decisions in an ever-changing world.
Prevedere is a fast-growing company backed by top Silicon Valley Investors and Microsoft Ventures.
What you will do
- Research, Develop, Test, Validate and Implement advanced analytic algorithms into a production SAS environment.
- Transform new analytic processes and machine learning ideas into SAS code.
- Performs programming using the SAS macro language, advanced data manipulation, and statistical procedures.
- Improves the efficiency and performance of existing SAS processes.
- Extensive experience using SAS macros is a key requirement.
- Work with our Dev Ops team to integrate SAS with our .Net based analytics solution.
- Ensure and enforce data integrity and statistical rigor in the Prevedere processes.
- Actively engage with the broader team of Prevedere economists and analysts to improve our product and methodologies.
- Provides technical expertise to the development of programming standards and procedures.
- May train new programmers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you will bring
- You are a technical expert at SAS while being proficient in Python and R. Advanced Python skills a plus.
- You have a passion for learning new programming languages and statistical techniques.
- You know how to ‘make the data talk’. You are fact based in your processes while being able to acknowledge and admit when you don’t know the answer.
- You are able to work alongside data engineers to help them integrate your ideas with other systems.
- 5+ years of experience explaining complicated technical or programming concepts to non-technical personnel. When you are done, your customer leaves with a clear understanding and confident in your abilities.
- Strong written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven record to effectively manage scope and client expectations.
- Ability to adjust to constantly changing priorities in a dynamic business environment. This includes being comfortable working in multiple programming languages.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Additional Desired Skills
- SAS VIYA experience
- SAS Server Administration experience
- Experience integrating SAS and .Net
- 5+ years of hands on model building experience applying analytics in a business setting. You know how to build models and you know how to translate that knowledge into automation
What you will get
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation possible
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).