Prevedere is looking for a high energy and technically capable Senior Data Scientist to lead the research and development of our big data, machine learning, and predictive analytics platform. This role will set strategic direction on the technologies and analytic methodologies we design, build and leverage in our applications and to help guide our customer deliverables with our professional services team.
Prevedere is an industry insights and predictive analytics company helping business leaders make better decisions by providing a real-time view of their company’s future.
While most companies can easily report on internal performance, Prevedere’s external real-time insights engine constantly monitors the world’s activity, identifying future threats or opportunities to business performance. Along with a team of industry experts, data scientist, and economists, Prevedere helps business leaders make the right decisions in an ever-changing world.
Prevedere is a fast-growing company backed by top Silicon Valley Investors and Microsoft Ventures.
What you will do
- Research, Develop, Test, Validate and Assist in implementing advanced analytic algorithms. (75%)
- Invent new ways to solve complicated problems leveraging a mix of standard statistics and the latest data science algorithms.
- Analytic programming to build automated processes and systems that can sort through millions of possible outcomes in search of the best.
- Ensure and enforce statistical rigor in the Prevedere processes.
- Document and explain R&D findings to protect Prevedere intellectual property and for incorporation into the Prevedere application.
- Build and sustain relationships with Prevedere customers and develop a deep understanding of their needs. Validate new research projects and outcomes with customers
- Explain the how’s and why’s of Prevedere’s algorithms to Prevedere customers with passion and in an easy to understand way.
- Multi-departmental Internal Prevedere tasks (25%)
- Work alongside the Product and Development teams to prioritize and execute Research projects.
- Facilitate regular status meetings and touch points with the broader team of Prevedere economists and analysts to improve our product and methodology.
- Train less experienced data scientists on statistical techniques and code writing where appropriate.
What you will bring
- You have a strong intellectual curiosity and a passion for inventing. You are always questioning and always trying to build a better mousetrap.
- You know how to ‘make the data talk’. You are fact based in your processes while being able to acknowledge and admit when you don’t know the answer.
- You have 5+ years of hands on model building experience applying analytics in a business setting. You know how to build models and you know how to translate that knowledge into automation.
- You have 5+ year of programming experience (SAS preferred) writing code that goes beyond simple adhoc analysis. You are able to work alongside data engineers to help them integrate your ideas into other systems.
- You have 5+ years of experience explaining complicated technical topics to non-technical personnel. When you are done, your customer leaves excited about Prevedere’s product and confident in your abilities.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree or higher, Statistics or equivalent preferred
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to adjust to constantly changing priorities in a dynamic business environment. This includes being comfortable working in multiple programming languages.
- Proven record to effectively manage scope and client expectations
- Ability to travel up to 10%
What you will get
- Competitive Salary
- Relocation possible
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).